Is it always Christmas morning or a humdinger of a 5th birthday party for you and your customers?

So the first thing I see this morning on Facebook is one of my friends "liking" this page:

We do not stop playing because we are old; we grow old because we stop playing.

And then I immediately thought of these two things:

In other words, is it always Christmas morning or a humdinger of a 5th birthday party for you and your customers?

Because if it's not, then I'd take a moment to reflect on what the heck you're doing for a living.

[Insert moment of reflection here...]

As a "customer", I'm jazzed beyond belief when my favorite band Rush releases new material as they did this week.

I'm also somersault thrilled when Apple releases new products and software updates. I don't have an iPad yet, but I'm still take donations if you're interested in helping me out. But I'm already immersed and well-versed in their product and lore.

As a leader of a marketing software and services firm, I'm stoked when our founder Mark Willaman and his product development team release new stuff like these enhancements to our HR Directory:

We've also add a new “Watchlist” feature allowing HR professionals to find and evaluate HR vendors. And the first-of-it's-kind "HR Benchmarking Data" allows HR pros to view budget priorities of other companies of various sizes.

More official announcements soon -- how cool is that?

So what about you? How's that reflection working out?

Get on with your product and service thrill-fest, please.

Post by Kevin W. Grossman (join me on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn - and now join HRmarketer on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn!)


Labels: , ,