I love it when there's a whole lotta big sky pie thinking goin' on.

Yesterday we had a marketing call with a big global HR supplier. On the call was their CEO and his entire leadership team.

The good news is -- the call went very well.

What struck me was the CEO's vision, his clarity, his directness and his plan for the next five years and the role he envisions marketing playing in that plan.

Well-defined and succinct, if not a little grandiose.

But hey, able leaders must shoot for the sky pie. I prefer banana cream or any berry that gets me the market share.

He was also very attentive to his team, asking for their opinions and ensuring each had ample time to speak and ask us their questions.

In fact, in the span of one hour he was pretty representative of the seven critical roles a 21st century leader must assume, according to a great article in Chief Learning Officer titled The Global Leadership Mindset:

I love it when there's a whole lotta big sky pie thinking goin' on.

Have a great weekend everyone!

Post by Kevin W. Grossman (join me on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn - and now join HRmarketer on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn!)



Labels: , , ,