A little over a year ago, we launched a Community section in HRmarketer.com that in addition to many other cool tools allowed HR vendors to review conferences and events they attended. The Yelp of HR events if you will. HRmarketer.com members can also review HR analysts, journalists and others.
While it has not been as popular as we'd like it to be (that's our fault which we will change), we are seeing a lot of good reviews posted. Some of the events reviewed on HRmarketer include (in no particular order - reviews are grouped by year so you can see past years reviews as well):
We're debating on whether or not to make this feature available to the general public - now, it's only available to HRmarketer members. If you have an opinion, please let us know.
- SHRM Annual Conference & Exposition (Annual)
- HR Technology Conference and Expo (Annual)
- NY HR Week Conference and Expo (Annual)
- SHRM Staffing Management Conference & Exposition (Annual)
- ERE Media ERE Expo Spring Conference (Annual)
- American Society on Aging (ASA) Aging in America Conference (Annual)
- National Retail Federation (NRF) Annual Convention & Expo (Annual)
- Kennedy Information Recruiting Conference & Expo (Annual)
- Electronic Recruiting Exchange (ERE) ER Expo Fall Conference (Annual)
- HR Tech
- Women in Leadership Summit (Annual)
- Global Partnering & Integration Summit (Annual)
- International Association of Employment Web Sites (IAEWS) Fall Member Congress (Annual)
- Art and Science of Health Promotion Conference (Annual)
- Healthcare Financial Management Association (HFMA) Annual National Institute (Annual)
- Southern California Workers Comp Conference (Annual)
- Benefits Selling Expo (Annual)
- SHRM Global Forum Conference & Exhibition (Annual)
- ONREC Expo (Annual)
- HR Southwest Conference (Annual)
- WorldatWork Total Rewards Conference & Exhibition (Annual)
- Human Resources Forum USA (Annual)
Anyway, we're working on some really cool new features that will soon "recommend" HR conferences to people who attend a particular event. For example, when looking at a profile for Event A you will see some suggestions for other similar events you may like. The same technology will be used to recommend blogs, media outlets, etc.
If you have any other great product suggestions we'd love to hear them.
In the meantime, if you are an HRmarketer.com member and want to review the recent SHRM 2009 Annual Conference, please login and visit the SHRM profile to post your comment.