You ever wonder where your customers are and why? And whether or not that should affect your marketing activities? And if so, how? What the heck are the realities of workforce demographics anyway?
Well, if you’re asking these questions then you need to join us for a complimentary HRmarketer.com webinar titled Regional HR Marketing and PR - Tailoring Sales to Market Realities.
Our special guest speaker is John Sumser, founder and CEO of Two Color Hat, Inc. His firm provides product analysis, market segmentation, positioning, strategy and branding guidance.
Many of you know John as the sometimes acerbic but always big-thinking thought leader in recruitment and staffing and HR technology. (He’s a really nice guy, too.)
The Webinar will be on Thursday, May 7, 2009 from 10-11 am PT (1-2 pm ET). Register here.
In this new HRmarketer webinar, John will talk about the realities of current workforce demographics, how they affect HR vendor sales efforts and the following interrelated topics:
And if this isn't enough coolness, then you should also listen to the Total Picture Radio interview on the state of the recruiting industry with John Sumser and Jonathan Goodman, recorded at the spring ERE Expo.
- Over the past decade, the composition of the country has been changing
- The drivers are Aging, Mobility in the college educated workforce, fertility, regionalization of industries and vocations
- Big trends include migration to the coasts by the college educated
- The result is a very niche-y mosaic: The US (in particular) is no longer a single culture
- There are more than 100 discrete regional cultures in the US, maybe as many as 250
- They vary by age structure, ethnic structure, educational attainment, life expectancy, manners, core industries, religious orientation
- You can get to know a lot about them by looking at the structure of their population and economy.
- Effective business development strategy tailors your process to the region you're working in
- A regional focus allows you the capacity to build momentum while holding down costs
- A regional focus is a cost effective marketing approach
- And much more
"The State of the Recruiting Industry is dismal. Nobody is working. Recruiting has been practiced as a reactive sport. But with all of these out-of-work recruiters comes this enormous explosion of entrepreneurial creativity."
Post by Kevin Grossman (join me on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn)
Labels: John Sumser, marketing and PR, Total Picture Radio, Webinars, workforce demographics